Tuesday, August 4, 2009

4 Days till im wheels up.

Well I have four more days of freedom, and im gonna do my best to enjoy every second. I leave for Ft. Knox Kentucky in four days for training with the U.S. Army, or as I like to call it summer camp. I'm not all that nervous about the actual training, i've actually been somwhat anxious to start. My only reservation is leaving the love of my life for the next 6 to 7 months, its gonna be hard. We are in a great place in our relationship right now so im confident that this separation will only make us a stronger couple. We've come a long way living together for more than a year now, lots of ups and downs but for the last several months we've really come together. Im looking forward to spending the rest of my life with her and I know that 7 months is just a drop in the bucket.

I think my biggest fear as far as basic training is the possibility of failure due to somthing I can't control. I'm 27 years old and going into Army basic training with a bunch of 18 and 19 year olds, so im gonna be the old man. It's going to be tough but it's somthing i've wanted all my life. I tried to enlist in 2001 but I was too fat to join. I then tried in 2005 but again was too big so I put myself through the police academy. Well here I am again and this time it worked, the army lowered its standards just enough for me to get in.
Once im done at Ft. Knox I head down to Ft. Samhouston,tx and lucky for me it'll be winter so not so hot, thank god. I joined as a combat medic and this is where I will be going to school to get my medic training. Ill be there for about 16 or 17 weeks provided all goes well.

Well anyway i'll be gone for a while training and missing loved ones, namely my girl. I'm hopeing i'll be so busy that the time goes quickly, but I know it still won't be fast enough.

1 comment:

  1. Do you think they would lower their standards for Ryan? Haha! You'll do well there and i'm sure those puny little teenagers won't have nothing on you Wayne! Don't worry about KTMB she has a home away from home when she needs it. :)

    ReplyDelete