Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Happiness

As I sat in my hotel room in Sitka after putting the baby to bed I had a lot of time to think. I thought not so good things, like how sad I was that I had dropped my husband back off at the academy just a few short hours before. How agonizing that was to know he was literally a half a mile away, yet I wasn't allowed to see him. Well, I was allowed, but he had a lot of work to do. I thought about how hard it was going to be to travel with a 10 month old. The daunting task of being up in the wee hours to get on a plane where everyone stares at you assuming your child is going to transform into a demon once the flight took off (which she wasn't AT ALL! In fact she was an angel.) I thought about how hard these last 6 weeks were going to be, essentially being a single mom.

Then I couldn't help but realize how small and temporary those things were. I immediately started to mull over all the amazing PERMANENT things that God has blessed me with. I have an amazing husband. He really is. He makes my everyday SO much better. He is my rock, he is my comfort, he is my provider. He is the best father I know. He has love for me and Layla that is indescribable. As much as I miss him, I know what he is doing is only for us. It's to provide us the best life possible.

I have a beautiful, smart, caring daughter that absolutely amazes me EVERYDAY. I can't begin to describe the love I have for this little being. She absolutely makes everyday worth it. When we were in Sitka she instantly knew who Wayne was. It was incredible to see that connection for a 10 month old even after not seeing him for 2 months. You could ask her "where's daddy?" and she would look right at him. There were times I was holding her and she would want him, which is saying a lot. I am usually the ULTIMATE. To have her request someone over me is pretty much unheard of. I can see her learning things everyday. She waves hi and bye, shakes her head no, crawls faster than a lightning bolt, says her name, mom, dad and nana. She loves to be chased and wrestled around with, she's got the most beautiful curly afro, and the cutest baby giggles. She sleeps through the night and is always SO happy. I really can't explain HOW perfect she is.

I have a beautiful roof over my head, not one, but 2 well working vehicles, the most incredible view a girl could ask for, just out my front window, a family that is so supportive and loving and friends to die for. I can't believe how much God continues to bless my already beautiful life, everyday. I am one grateful lady. Very, very grateful lady.

1 John 3:21-23
Beloved, if our heart does not condemn us, we have confidence before God; and whatever we ask we receive from Him, because we keep His commandments and do the things that are pleasing in His sight. And this is His commandment, that we believe in the name of His Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, just as He commanded us.

No comments:

Post a Comment