Saturday, November 8, 2008

Disappointing Election

Well the big election has come and gone and I really am disappointed in the outcome. I hope the new President Elect takes over, gets good advice and gets this country on track. I just don't see that happening with what this President plans on doing. I know a lot of people who don't like history and just think of it as the past, but they don't see that it's true; that if you don't learn from your past you are doomed to repeat it. Now if our past was all peaches and cream then that would be OK I guess, but it isn't. We have elected a president who has some of the same plans that president Herbert Hoover had prior to the great depression. And most of you should know what happened then. But it seems you don't, seeing as how you have elected President Elect Obama. Now for the most part I don't have much of a problem with the man when it comes to his personal life. Most people have something negative in there past and politicians are no different. I don't want to sound like one of the many fear mongering conservatives, but it is kinda odd how a man can go to a church that condones the repeated hate speeches of a man that is condemning the United States and an entire race of people. And when questioned of this all Obama said was "I went to that church because it was my church. I had no say in who speaks at my church." Umm well I know that if I went to a church that allowed speeches like this I would find a new church. It's simple to me, but he didn't do this. If I went to a church that on occasion allowed some crazy white supremacist speak, even once a year I would leave never to return. Oh yeah, to say the least I would make sure to cut all ties to the man himself which he did not, not even close. That is until he was called out for his relations with Rev. J. Wright. Thats when he decided to distance himself from this man.

Well enough of that. Whats done is done. Now lets look at this CHANGE thing. Umm I'm kinda confused. See I've been watching the news lately and noticed that most of these people Pres. Obama is surrounding himself with are former Clinton staff. Umm doesn't sound like much change to me, just sounds like we are going back to an administration that got lucky and sat through a pretty easy 8 years of our Governments history. Oh yeah and not to mention a VP who has been in Washington for more than 30 years. Again not much change.

Now lets take a look at this other minor problem I have, taxes. Now I'm not rich, I'm barely middle class at the moment, but I don't see how its right or fair that someone who chooses to work hard or study to become a doctor, lawyer, etc has to pay a higher percent in taxes. Now if someone can explain to me how that is fair please do so. In a capitalist govt. it doesn't work; now in a communist govt. that's standard rich pay the poors way. All this is going to do is serve to make already dependent people, more dependent. It is going to make a lazy lethargic society even more so and that upsets me a great deal.

Enough for now as you can see I am a little heated over this issue and it is tough talking about this subject out in the open. It just angers me when I ask simple questions of people who voted for the man and they can't answer them because they don't know what the man is going to do about anything.

Well until I go on my next tirade.

-Wayne

2 comments:

  1. Calms down, relax and just let it roll. Nothing more can be done about the election and he's a hell of a lot better than Palin who was about to be president should McCain drop dead from old age. LoL. Wow what a mess we would have been in.

    Try giving the guy a chance, or not sure what he stands for then read a book. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was my honey, and he's very knowledgeable. He reads a lot and knows whats going on. I'll have to tell him you wrote, he'd be interested. :)

    ReplyDelete