Saturday, May 28, 2011

SHE'S here!!

You heard me, it's a GIRL! She's absolutely beautiful too!

It started out Wednesday night, I was having some very very very mild contractions, but ones that would wake me up every couple. I figured it was just strong braxton hicks. My dad, step mom and I went to families house and had breakfast and I was having again, very mild contractions, but about 7 minutes apart. I figured they were just strong braxton hicks. As the day went on, about lunch time I was starting to realize the contractions were getting a little more on the annoying pain side of things. I wanted to sit down and take them instead of going on with whatever I was doing. They were still only about 5 minutes apart so I didn't think anything of it.

W came home from work around 630 and made dinner and I ate and while eating I had to stop when I had a contraction just to focus on it. The pain wasn't THAT bad, but it was enough to steal my attention. Around 9 they were getting pretty bad and was having to have w press on my lower back to help alleviate the pain. At this point I thought I'd go down to bed to try to get some sleep. I went down and laid and was having A LOT of back pains with every contraction. I decided it was time to get in the shower to see if that would help. After about 15 minutes of it not getting any better I had W call my friend Amanda. I would have just asked W to help but he had to work the next morning at 6 am. He called her and she came over. She sat with me and talked and helped time my contractions, going from the shower to the tub. She would rub my back and really was a life saver. The contractions were moving a little closer together, but nothing significant. They had gone from about 6 minutes apart to about 5 minutes apart. We decided maybe I'd try to sleep again, so I came and got in bed and the back pain was horrendous again. I could not get away from it. I sat and labored in bed for about an hour or more when Amanda and W I guess made the executive decision to call the hospital. They let them know I was in labor and the contractions had got down to about 2.5 minutes apart.

We slowly got me dressed and made my way over to the hospital around 1 am. They monitored me and the baby about 20 minutes and everything was looking great. My doctor was called and arrived around 1:45 am. We had all made bets before we left to the hospital how far along I was. Amanda and W thought I was about 5 and I said 2. I was in complete denial and honestly was expecting it to get WAY worse. So doc ended up checking me and said I was dilated 8-9 cm!! I was completely shocked!! I labored on the ball some more and in the bed. The back pain continued and there's no way I would have been able to do it with out W. She checked me again about 2:45 am and she said I was 10, but I had a small lip of my cervix still there. She said if I felt like I needed to push I could though. So I pushed a couple times on the ball still then decided to crawl up on the table. I labored there for the next 30-45 minutes while they prepared everything. I pushed when I felt necessary, but didn't overdo it. At about 3:30 am I could tell I need to really start pushing. With every contraction I gave it all I had. At 3:40 am I heard people saying "we'll probably have a baby before 4 huh?" and my doctor said, oh yeah, easy. About 2 pushes later I gave one big push and she came out all at once. She did have the cord wrapped around her neck, but it wasn't a problem at all. She came out crying and it was the most beautiful sound She was born at 3:46 am on Friday, May 27, 2011. She weighed 7 lbs 15 oz and was 20.5 inches long. It was absolutely love at first sight. Needless to say, she's here and beautiful and now I will show her off

and heres daddy lovin


  1. Congratulations! She's beautiful! And I love all her hair!

    Enjoy your precious new daughter. :)

  2. what a fantastic labour, your a star, anbd she is the ost precious gift, just beautiful, you and wayne are just fantastic people and she is so blessed to have you both as parents.